Monday, May 25, 2015

Sour Cream Scrambled Eggs/Super Easy and Super Fast!!

I got this recipe from Anthony Bourdain's show Layover when he stopped in LA.  He made himself these eggs for breakfast and needless to say, he had me at sour cream.


A few days ago, I went out with some friends and overindulged on AYCE Korean BBQ.  I've been feeling kind of full and sluggish since then so I opted for this breakfast instead of the usual baconfest that usually happens on weekends at my house.

All you need:
eggs
sour cream
green onion/chives (optional)

This literally takes 2 minutes.


Crack two eggs into a bowl.
Season with salt and pepper.


 Whip up your eggs.  
 


Pour your eggs into a non-stick pan over medium with a little olive oil.  Or bacon fat....Yeah. I know. 

 


I let the eggs cook just a bit before stirring them.
 


Now grab this creamy goodness.



Plop in about 2 tablespoons.  Boom.  Blop.
 


Turn OFF the heat and continue scrambling with the sour cream.  If you have chopped green onion or chives, sprinkle them in now.  I didn't have any, but if I had, they would have ended up in here.

 


Why do I turn off the heat?  Because there's nothing worse than dry over cooked eggs.  There's enough heat in the pan to finish cooking your eggs, trust me.

That's it! Done.  I can make these faster than it takes the toast to toast.

I served with sliced avocado and sourdough toast.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment